Thursday, September 10, 2009

Task #12

So I looked up the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich for the series. As I assumed, there are fifteen, but also some bonus ones that don't have numbers in the title that are supplementary.

I looked up Annie Dillard for the read alike and I think that Sue Hubbell's "A Book of Bees - And How to Keep Them" sounds appealing. I like solitary ruminations conducted in nature.

I then went to the Nature Writing section of the Recommended Reads and I didn't find anything very similar to "Pilgrim at Tinker Creek." Maybe it'd be under the memoirs or spirituality section. Who knows. I do know, however, that I am not very interested in ornithology. Did you know that there is a whole romance sub genre called Men in Kilts? I wish I was Scottish. I'd wear a kilt. I may anyway just for kicks.

2 comments:

  1. There are helpful websites for guys like you (non-Celts who wear un-bifurcated clothing, naturally):
    www.utilikilts.com
    www.freedomkilts.com
    www.biltkilt.com
    www.neokilt.com
    I'm sure you can find lots more. I wouldn't buy anything from Freedom Kilts, though, personally, since they ca't spill 'everyda' or 'where.'

    ReplyDelete