Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Task #8

I agree with the sentiment that copy right laws are draconian. I also really like that word.

I did not know about this at all, but it is amazing. Did anyone else see jamendo? It's amazing. Browsing around by tags is so cool. French independent phyloxera, and Brazilian psicotropicdelica, and other stuff I don't have a clue what it is. Wow.

And I did know about NIN's last album being released as DRM free. When you download it you can even get the CD insert to print out and assemble yourself if you're so inclined. When it came out, it reminded me of Radiohead's "In Rainbows" album. They released it independently and you were allowed to pay what price you wanted for it (including $0.00) before they formally signed to a different label and released it. So that's the same thing, right? Or are copyright laws different pertaining to it since it was done differently and is no longer available as a free (or reasonably priced) download?

Also, just a related thought that popped into my head, if you ever buy vinyl from the Saddle Creek record label, you get a code for a free mp3 download of the album along with your luscious wax discs which is a rather nice thing for them to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment